CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PLAYERS:
“Never protest at referees’ decisions and treat other players as you would like to be treated. Fair play and respect for all others in the game is fundamentally important.”
Players are one of the most important people in the sport. Playing for the team, and for the team to win, is a fundamental part of the game but not-win-at-all-cost. Fair play and respect for all others in the game is also fundamentally important.
Responsibilities towards the game:
1. Make every effort to develop there own sporting abilities, in terms of skill, technique and tactics.
2. Give maximum effort and strive for the best possible performance during a game.
3. Set a positive example for others, particularly younger players and supporters.
4. Avoid all forms of gamesmanship, and time-wasting.
5. Not use inappropriate language.
6. Show due respect to the interests of all supporters.
Responsibilities towards one’s own team:
1. Make every effort consistent with Fair Play and the Laws of the Game to help their own team win.
2. Resist any influence which might, or might be seen to, bring into question your commitment to the team winning.
3. Promote ethical principles.
Respect for the Laws of the Game and competition rules:
1. Know and abide by the Laws, rules and spirit of the game, and the competition rules.
2. Accept success and failure, victory and defeat, equally.
3. Resist any temptation to take banned substances or use banned techniques.
Respect towards Opponents:
1. Treat opponents with due respect at all times.
2. Safeguard the physical fitness of opponents, avoid violence and rough play, and help injured opponents.
Respect towards the Match Officials:
1. Accept the decisions of Match Officials without protest.
2. Avoid words or actions which may mislead a Match Official.
3. Show due respect towards Match Officials.
Respect towards Team Officials:
1. Abide by the instructions of your Coach / Team Officials, provided they do not contradict the spirit of this code.
2. Show due respect towards the Team Officials of the opposition.
Obligations towards the supporters:
1. Will show due respect in the interest of all supporters